EnMasse Forum Index EnMasse
This place is all that is left.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   TATToday's Active Topics 
 ProfileProfile   Voting CentreVoting Centre   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Front PageFront Page Front Page SubmissionsFront Page Submissions LinksLinks Acceptable Use PolicyAcceptable Use Policy  DonateDonate 

Ignore bloggers at your peril, say researchers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The PraxMan
*BANNED*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Ignore bloggers at your peril, say researchers Reply with quote

We are Dangerous!!

People Power Movement! and They Are Starting to Notice...

Quote:

Ignore bloggers at your peril, say researchers

Bloggers and internet pundits are exerting a "disproportionately large influence" on society, according to a report by a technology research company. Its study suggests that although "active" web users make up only a small proportion of Europe's online population, they are increasingly dominating public conversations and creating business trends.

More than half of the internet users on the continent are passive and do not contribute to the web at all, while a further 23% only respond when prompted. But the remainder who do engage with the net - through messageboards, websites and blogs - are helping change the national conversation, say researchers.

-snip-

Although unprompted contributors are generally younger and more vocal than the wider online population, they are increasingly important as opinion formers and trend-setters. Mr Smith says businesses, media organisations and advertisers reading blogs should be wary of making assumptions about their wider significance, but that their muscle cannot be ignored.

"They're not representative of the larger audience, but what they're saying does matter," he said. "It's a good straw poll - a snapshot of the verbal conversations going on that we can't measure."

-snip-

There are now more than 35m blogs around the world, according to search engine Technorati. While most bloggers only write for small audiences, they can sometimes achieve wider fame or become the focus of consumer campaigns.

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1755777,00.html
RealityBites
Satan Incarnate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only am I ignoring you, I'm running with scissors in a swimming pool right after eating while ignoring you. Razz
Tommy Shanks
obviously, blatantly, shirking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Riddle me this?

If there are 35 million blogs, how long again does it take to weed throught the 90% that is crap, the 2% that is really crap, the 7.8% that is racist crap, and the .2% that is somewhat relevant?

And I do this for fun?
Norse of 60
Kokanee Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

Last edited by Norse of 60 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Evil Twin
Stoned Immaculate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If there are 35 million blogs, how long again does it take to weed throught the 90% that is crap, the 2% that is really crap, the 7.8% that is racist crap, and the .2% that is somewhat relevant?

After reading the "thoughts" of various blogosphere ass-clowns during the past year's "Mohammed cartoon" controversy and the immigrant rioting in France, I'm convinced that a lot more than 7.8% of bloggers are racist. Sad
gunnar gunnarson
Fulltime enMasse Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just what the biased, liberal, freedom-hating MSM want you to think!
Tommy Shanks
obviously, blatantly, shirking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But while I do read various papers and such, I wouldn't do so if, for instance, the Globe consisted only of a rotation of columns by anyone who could write.

In another sense, I know I have lots of neighbours. However, I don't ask each and every one of them for their opinion about, oh, the seal hunt. I don't really care what the tow truck driver down the street feels about the Accountability Act.

So many blogs appear to be nothing but people masturbating with their keyboards, hoping someone will watch.

While I can appreciate that there are some that are of value, I can't imagine how anyone but shut-ins and the infirm have the time to find them.

I must be a tool of the MSM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EnMasse Forum Index -> Blogger Row All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: