EnMasse Forum Index EnMasse
This place is all that is left.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   TATToday's Active Topics 
 ProfileProfile   Voting CentreVoting Centre   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Front PageFront Page Front Page SubmissionsFront Page Submissions LinksLinks Acceptable Use PolicyAcceptable Use Policy  DonateDonate 

Bill O'Reilly digs deeper ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thwap
Fulltime enMasse Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Bill O'Reilly digs deeper ... Reply with quote

So about a month ago, Bill O'Reilly derided the ability of science to explain the wonders of the universe, and pointed to the mysterious motion of the tides, as something miraculous and unexplained.

I'm about as lazy and clueless as they come, but even I was aware that science says it's got something to do with the gravitational pull of the moon.

Amazingly, in responding to the "pin-heads" who mocked him for his ignorance, O'Reilly just dug himself deeper. The sun going up and down, the tides going in and out, the existence of the moon itself, why Earth has a moon but Mars doesn't, .... all part of the amazing, mind-blowing universe, which only belief in "God" can explain.

Stephen Colbert goes to town on O'Reilly's idiocy in a brilliant performance.

Watch it, but then, ask yourself, how colossally ignorant do you have to be to have made statements like O'Reilly. How contemptibly lazy to have not read as much science basics as even me, when you're 15-20 years older. How shallow a spirituality you have to have to have to invent a God to account for things as basic as the tides and the moon.

O'Reilly doesn't have a clue about what he's missing and he doesn't care.

Furthermore, "God" is apparently needed by this cretin to "explain" the tides, but the existence of "God" isn't enough apparently to prevent O'Reilly from calling up younger women he works with and salaciously suggesting they have affairs with him and if any of them attempt to confront him with it he'll use his financial and legal power to destroy them.
Vundo Draxon
Leftist-rightie and rightist-leftie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bill O'Reilly digs deeper ... Reply with quote

thwap wrote:

Furthermore, "God" is apparently needed by this cretin to "explain" the tides, but the existence of "God" isn't enough apparently to prevent O'Reilly from calling up younger women he works with and salaciously suggesting they have affairs with him and if any of them attempt to confront him with it he'll use his financial and legal power to destroy them.

Well, at least there is never a miscommunication when it comes to his intentions...
The Evil Twin
Stoned Immaculate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming to the conclusion that there are two types of conservative pundits/politicians in the US. One type consists of people like Big Dick Cheney and Ann Coulter (both are actually quite highly educated) who play dumb in order to get the undereducated redneck bigot vote and/or support. The other type consists of absolute morons like Bill O'Reilly, Glen Beck and Michelle Bachman (Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin are geniuses compared to these three) who actually are as stupid as they seem.

Seriously, not knowing the reason for tides or how the the moon formed? WTF? I learned this in high school science. Confused
thwap
Fulltime enMasse Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheney failed as an undergrad as i understand it.
bshmr
Fulltime enMasse Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thwap wrote:
Cheney failed as an undergrad as i understand it.

Apparently, a half-truth -- from en.wikipedia.org:
Quote:
...Cheney was one of three children. He attended Yale University, but, as he stated, "[he] flunked out."[11][12] Among the influential teachers from his days in New Haven was Professor H. Bradford Westerfield, whom Cheney repeatedly credited with having helped to shape his approach to foreign policy.[13] He later attended the University of Wyoming, where he earned both a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts in political science. He subsequently started, but did not finish, doctoral studies at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.[14]...

Personally, based on my exposure, PoliSci ain't much of a concentration at most USAn uni's.
thwap
Fulltime enMasse Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I remembered it wrong. I remember him flunking out of the Wisconsin or Wyoming undegrad degree.
bshmr
Fulltime enMasse Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can infer that Cheney wasn't a legacy student at Yale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EnMasse Forum Index -> Body and Soul All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: